As each of the Five Kingdoms has its own form of shaping, the inhabitants of Necronum practice the shaping power known as death weaving, or weaving for short. They are then called death weavers, or weavers for short..
Weaving is the shaping art that involves communicating, and even controlling, the souls of the dead. Every person has what is called an echo, which is akin to a spirit or ghost that can only be seen in the spirit version of Necronum called the echolands, or certain temples located throughout the mortal realm.
A person can become an echo either through death or using Weaving to go into a coma-like state, and their spirit will go to the echolands as the body retains what is called the lifespark, or just spark. This is the lifeforce which keeps the comatose connected to their body and the living world. If the body dies, the spark is gone, and the echo can't return to the living world. Or, if something happened that resulted in the destruction or fading of an echo, the lifespark is snuffed out and the echo lose its connection to the body, which dies in the living world. Only strong Weaving can keep a comatose body alive for more than a few days.
- Necromancy - The user's abilities revolve around manipulating the dead (echoes) or death.
- Life-Force Extraction - Advanced weavers can extract the lifespark from the body.
- Sleep Inducement - Experienced weavers can put bodies into longsleep. This is used with Dimensional Travel.
- Dimensional Travel - Experienced weavers can cross over to the echolands and/or even bring others through it. The person will be seen more prominently and is called a bright echo.
- Paralysis Inducement - Weavers can paralyze enemies by using their will to stop them. But it is possible for the target (if they have a stronger will) to paralyze the weaver.
- Sound Manipulation - Users can manipulate songs.
- Sound Discernment - Weavers, and as well as anybody who gets used to it, can recognize and distinguish between different sounds, which is called songreading.
- Sound Absorption/Negation - Advanced weavers can absorb/negate songs, usually on echoes only, or on special items like the Weaver's Beacon.
- Future Manipulation - Users can manipulate the future.
- Precognition - A very rare power, it allows the user to see events in the future.
- Prophecy Construction - A very rare power, it allows the user to create prophecies about the future.
- Age Deceleration - Combined with the other four shaping techniques of each kingdom, the user can decelerate their age.